Monday, February 1, 2010

Yin and Yang


Today was a mixture of good and bad, thus leading to my "pic of the day" of a yin and yang symbol. Wikipedia.com describes this symbol as balance, "...whenever one quality reaches its peak it will naturally begin to transform into the opposite quality: grain that reaches its full height in summer (fully yang) will produce seeds and die back in winter (fully yin) in an endless cycle."
This morning my day peaked with a sense of accomplishment and mastery of my schedule as I cleared most of my "to do list", and then I had an extra long appointment that caused a "domino effect" and put strain on my schedule causing me to rush everything and have another 10 minute lunch while prepping for class. Finally after class, I felt like I was in control of my schedule again and had some breathing room. I quickly made a mental checklist of everything I wanted to get done in the last hour and half of the day and then someone came and unloaded on me which threw me behind again. Such was the cycle of my day, like a roller coaster of being in control and on schedule and then thrown upside down in a loop and put totally behind schedule.
I did finally make it to the gym, but ended up locking my keys in the trunk of my car. Luckily all I had to do was call my husband and he came and unlocked my car and my keys were waiting for me at the gym front desk after I finished working out. Yin and Yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment