Friday, February 26, 2010

Change & Patience

My "pic of the day" is of a tree in our apt. complex that I've shown before in my blog. I arrived home tonight and noticed that it had been cut down during the day and is now no more than a stump! I couldn't believe that they had removed this tree. It was always a very striking tree no matter the season and I was excited to take pics of it as it blossomed out this spring :( This unexpected loss made me think about how much change I watched in the lives of others today, or the patience they were undergoing while awaiting change.



I met with a prospective student today (a senior in high school) who's parents and two older siblings have all gone to Mizzou, so he was trying to decide if he wanted to follow their path or make his own way. I had my weekly yoga class at lunch and afterword caught up on some class stuff. Then this afternoon one of my students came by to visit just before his big interview for the physical therapy program. Our upper classroom are very nervous this time of year as they are at various stages of applying to the professional phase of their programs, interviewing and are awaiting admission decisions. My student told me after today's interview it would be about another 1-2 weeks before he would know, so he definitely needed some patience.

It seemed that today there were exciting things happening all around me, some students were interviewing, while one student actually found out this afternoon that she was admitted to her graduate program. Meanwhile, a colleague was excited about her lunch date and potential new romance; while another one was leaving work early to pick up her daughter at the airport and spend the weekend with her. It just seemed like there was such energy in the air this afternoon, especially for a Friday.


I didn't have much change in my life today, unless you count the preparing I did to ready myself and resources for the tidal wave of students we expect next week. However, I was patient and diligent in my prep. This evening my husband and I finished picking up some of my clutter and then we watched Law Abiding Citizen. It's definitely a movie that keeps you thinking and guessing until the end involving a lot of change!


"...being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience..." Colossians 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment