Saturday, February 6, 2010

Greggs


This "pic of the day" is inspired by Greggs, a pastry shop in Wales. A month of so ago, my husband and I found a way to recreate the sausage rolls that Greggs sold, and so today we were going to have "Greggs" at home as well as some other tasty pastry variations. After working hard all week and feeling a cold coming on it was supposed to have been a day devoted to rest and Greggs. However, it never seems I'm allowed to have a restful day.
I did sleep for about 11 hours, but we woke up to a phone call and then work entered my mind immediately after I was awake. I got up to do some work emails and there was a knock at the door and then another phone call. After that, I worked on an assignment for my teaching internship class that I'm enrolled in and then that prompted me to change a few things for my class that I'm teaching and before I knew it, it was 3 p.m. I put away my work and then did Wii fit, showered and Paul finally got to make his "Greggs" sausage rolls for us. They tasted just like the real deal. After that I called my mom and we talked about the fact that she still needed her modem replaced of which AT&T had given her problems for months. So after that, I was on the phone with AT&T internet service for over an hour and FINALLY got them to send my mom a new modem after months of hassle! I got to call mom and tell her the good news.
Then after 7 p.m., we settled down to a movie, 50 Dead Men Walking - which was more of a guy's movie, which is why I'm writing my blog now. We were finally also able to have round 2 of Greggs which we had planned for much earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment