Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Mizzou Kind of Day


What a long day, but a good day. My "pic of the day" is of the MU columns, a historic landmark at the University where I work. I spent the majority of today at work (8:30-6:00 and then from 6:45-9:30) so it was definitely a Mizzou themed day. I worked this evening with PEK's (a professional co-ed fraternity) make-up initiation where we had 18 more new initiates to combine with Saturday's 114 initiates, and then there was the first chapter mtg. combining all the old and new members. It was exciting to see the students and their enthusiasm with the new chapter members.

Today was so long, that I keep thinking tomorrow is Thur. or Fri., lol. I was busy all day with the class I teach, with emails and student appointments. It's starting to get busier as we approach early registration next week. I just got home and am getting settled, I actually ran back out to MU's campus after I got home at 9:45 pm to take a pic of Memorial Union since it was so striking all lit up against the night sky, but I forgot my tripod so with the shutter speed being so low to accommodate the night time all of my pics were blurry even though I braced myself against my car to steady the camera. So, I really only got home about 30 min. ago at 10:15 p.m. The Olympic ice skating (my favorite sport) is on tv and I can hear it in the background, but duty calls for my blog! I also have to find my web worthy pics before I go to bed for Paul to upload on the new website as he is making rapid progress and getting the new web site up and running.

"We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it;" 1 Corinthians 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment