Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick


For the first time in over two years (not counting the two other failed attempts during that time frame) my husband and I had plans, and the money, to go away for a three-day weekend. We were excited because everything was working out just in time for Valentines Day. However, I got really sick this week and this morning my husband started coming down with the same symptoms. So, we our disappointed that our three day fun weekend has turned into a three day get well weekend. It seems that yet again life has had other plans for us. My "pic of the day" is symbolic of all the couple things that we won't be doing this weekend such as sitting on a park bench together, and I also chose it because of the snow we've been getting almost everyday.

Luckily, we were able to get our hotel reservation canceled and our money returned on such short notice. It would have been much worse to watch our money wasted, at least this way we can try again another weekend. It will probably be about two months before we can try again though considering my upcoming work schedule.

"The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed, and restore him from his bed of illness." Psalm 41:3 (NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment