Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Plans


This morning we awoke to more snow overnight and colder temperatures than expected. A lot of folks were like me with frozen car doors wich delayed them or prevented them from doing what they had planned. I also had to find another way out my apartment complex over the bridge (shown at left) because the main exit slope was too slick with ice and snow. My "pic of the day" is the bridge that gave me an alternate route out of my apartment complex and to work this morning. A lot of other people in my complex had to do the same thing and there was a steady stream of cars attempting to make it up the slope and then reversing to pursue an alternate plan.
This made me think about the choices we make in life and how we oftentimes think that we will be headed in one direction when in fact life has another plan for us. I had plans today to work all day, but I'm still sick and had to leave early again and then have to go back tonight for a student organization meeting. My to do list plans while at work were skewed as I had more to tend to than anticipated, had frequent interruptions and of course had to leave early. My plan to take a nap when I got home late this afternoon was not accomplished as my brain was still trying to digest all that took place today. These are examples of the small things that were redirected into another path, but I also think of major life plans that have started down one road and have quickly been diverted.
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment