Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A 5 Minute Vacation


Today I wished that my life had a "pause button" and someone suggested that I need to find ways to have a "5 minute vacation" from the demands of life. So, this "pic of the day" spoke to me as an illustration of a 5 minute vacation. During my mini vacation, I imagined what it would be like to be up in this hot air balloon - temporarily away from the demands and hassles of life and in a peaceful solace. It would be quiet (except for the hot air burner firing periodically); it would be an escape; it would allow me an opportunity to breathe; and it would provide perspective by showing how small my place is in the world compared to the many places and people below.

I took this pic during the Hot Air Balloon Derby in Columbia a few years ago. I actually love hot air balloons and have always wanted to go up in one, but have never had the opportunity. I love the tranquility that watching hot air balloons provides and I love the thought of floating peacefully without a care in the world. Of course balloons can only fly in early morning or early evening and when the weather is just right, so I guess that adds to their serene mystique.

Today was very busy starting early with teaching a 9 a.m. class; then it including numerous student appointments, a 25 min. lunch and more emails; then running out to my own appointment at 5 p.m.; then to meet my husband for a 15 minute dinner at Subway and then back to work for a two hour recruitment event for the professional fraternity I advise and home just after 9 p.m.

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment