Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow again


Several folks have commented on the view outside my office window on snowy days. My "pic of the day" tried to capture that view, but I don't think it did it justice. It was snowing again today and I thought it was the perfect time to try to catch a good pic, but the snow flakes weren't as big and flaky when I took the pic as they've been in the past. Believe it or not, there's a parking lot below the trees right outside my office.

Even though I was sick today, I was able to get several things on my to do list done this morning at work as I prepared for classes and I had one student appointment and then taught class this afternoon. I really didn't feel good today, I started not feeling well on Friday and today realized I had an upper respiratory infection. I called my Dr. and my husband went and got my medicine and delivered it to me at work and then chauffeured me to the classroom across campus so I wouldn't have to trudge out in the snow. Of course I had to walk back after class in the cold and snow, but I left work early not feeling well only to come home and spend the remainder of the work day answering an email. So, don't know if I actually gained anything by coming home except for being safe from the 5 p.m. traffic and bad weather. I've managed to get a little rest and watch a few of my favorite shows and I'm hoping to go to bed early (and that the medicine will kick in).

No comments:

Post a Comment