Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tired & Cold


I woke up this morning at about 4:50 am with a start (need I add that I had only managed to go to sleep sometime after midnight due to a long evening at work.) My mind immediately started to think about everything I had to do and I knew there wasn't any going back to sleep. After about an hour of trying, I finally got up and fired up the computer to get a head start on a few work emails that were in the forefront of my mind as I awoke. However, by the time I got logged into my email, I found myself starting blankly at the computer screen trying to remember what I needed to do. UGH!


One email topic at a time, I started to remember some of the "to do list" that had plagued my mind just minutes before rendering sleep impossible. I worked on what I could and then got ready and went to work with a coffee in hand. I was one COLD morning! On my way to work I heard that the wind chill was -12F! Our average this time of year is 48F, and I heard many people all day complain about it.


I got to use my "Do Not Disturb" sign for the first time today and it was a nice feeling. I think I avoided at least three unnecessary interruptions that I know of within an hour's time while I was preparing for student appointments. At lunch I helped the treasurer of PEK reconcile all the initiation payments from this weekend so they would be ready to mail off. Then before and after class I was email crazy and did not leave on time again even though I promised myself that I would. It's too tempting to try and get a handle on long-term projects and never ending email when thee is an hour or two of quiet time.
I'm now exhausted and just fought a battle with my wireless internet for my laptop in order to write my blog tonight. I ended up having to make my husband move off of the desktop computer and sacrifice his Dungeons and Dragons Online game so I could post my blog. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment