Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clearing the Plate


My husband and I went to the 10th Annual Heart Fair this morning and had our cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose and other health screenings today. It was another brutally cold morning, but at least the sun was out today and it wasn't windy. I think we hit 32F today at some point.

Today at work it was calmer over all, I did have three appointments, but two were really easy, and one was really difficult yet rewarding. I told one of my students that he had done such a good job preparing for his appointment that he was my model advisee. At work this week I have been taking advantage of every semi-quiet moment I can get to try to clear everything off my plate so I can focus on early registration advising appts. over the next month. This prompted my "pic of the day" to be that of a clear plate, literally.
So I still worked late tonight and my husband actually called me and said he was coming up the stairs of the building I work in to rescue me and force me home. It was a romantic thought and it would be a nice surprise sometime. I came home after 6 and then graded papers from 6:45-8:15 pm while I ate dinner and tried to watch The Deep End. Paul and I actually got a chance to talk for about 45 min. just before I started writing my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment