Sunday, January 31, 2010

Perseverance


I found a copy of this familiar motivational cartoon sketched on a dirty wall inside the gym where the world record, referenced to in yesterday's post, was achieved. It's my "pic of the day" and I find it fitting for today and life as of recently.

Today should have been a peaceful and restful day, but it was wrought with obstacles that were wasetful time zappers and prevented me from relaxing. From the internet being down to a laundry issue with my husband resulting in a fight from greater problems at hand - these were a sampling of the small things that made up today - slowing me down and giving me hurdles to the rest I needed.

"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. aw that is the worst. Those little fights that pick at those bigger issues just leave you with the worst feelings. I hope that everything gets better. I am actually feeling kind of sick today... hope your monday gets off without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete