Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Long Day


I'm just settling down after a long day - a day which started with an 8:30 AM meeting and ended with an 8:30 PM meeting. Let's just say that I started my day in the morning fog and ended it just now in the evening fog and that is very fitting because my brain feels like it is in a fog. My "pic of the day" is my not-so-good attempt at trying to capture the fog encircling my apartment as I arrived home after 10 p.m.

It was a day filled with minor yet time consuming obstacles such as the elevator deciding not to work on the 8th floor this morning with a co-worker and me inside it, to the copier jamming when I was in a huge hurry, to the bookstore not having the textbook order for my class coupled with two failed attempts at trying to scan the important info for my students so they'd have it to do their assignment. I also submitted a last minute urgent request to the registrar's office for a classroom change because there was a notice stating that we were not allowed to move the chairs around due to the flooring in my classroom (when the very nature of the class is small group activities). I came home at 6 with just enough time to grab some Subway and do more prep for the Wedding Show booth display this weekend before running back out to the 8:30 PM meeting. Interspersed through the entire day were a slew of e-mails, appointments and phone calls demanding my attention that were all par for the course during the first week of the semester...Deep sigh - I'm exhausted!

However, I do have to give praise that "the sound" the car's tires were making was an easy fix and that my husband was also able to get his car inspection and windshield washer hose replaced all for under $20 (even if it did take 3 hours). With my boss's and husbands help I was also able to submit my request for move of jury duty term of service. I also have to give praise that the first day of both my classes went well and the students seemed receptive (even if they didn't have a book for one of the classes, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment