Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Wonderland

I chose this tree as pic of the day because it has such unusual shape as you can see from this angle and from the picture at the bottom of this post. It doesn't have a trunk, and it's branches start to spread out directly from the ground as if to serve as a visual analogy of the paths our lives can take. We can also look at it and think about how our lives are connected to each others - we might branch out in different directions but we are united by a common, central point. It's up to each of us to decide how far and how high our "branch" will grow.

My recent growth and branching into this blog was inspired by a collage I did on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day based on the prompt: "What is important and where are you going?" I realized that photography has been a running theme in my life for many years, but an area that I'm not necessarily growing or have only grown in spurts. I also wanted more balance in my life and this was a way to have both a creative outlet and more balance by focusing on my photography.

On a side note, I think we are all starting to feel a stunt in our "growth" by the cold. We remain in a winter wonderland with hopes of temps to make it above freezing by mid week so we can all get back to normal activities soon...and maybe venture into new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment