Saturday, January 16, 2010

Planning

Today I've had weddings on my mind as I gather my materials and plan for the Wedding Show next weekend. My husband and I will have an EZ Productions vendor booth so I've been going through my wedding photography samples today and selecting images to add to my portfolio.

This "pic of the day" is from a wedding I shot in May '08. I like to profile the small details of the big day along with the usual photos so that the bride and groom can cherish those moments as they reminisce about the wedding. The small details also capture the feel of the day and help tell a story. In this particular photo the bride had taken off her shoes to rush to the limo as she was late for her reception and the husband assumed his new duties without hesitation in carrying her shoes.

This reminds me how much husbands and wives rely on each other over the course of a marriage to help each other. Also, planning of the wedding day is only the start of planning for a lifetime together.

"Carry each other's burdens..." Galations 6:2 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. i am still thinking about how we should have a post-marriage bachelorette party of you!!!

    ReplyDelete