Monday, January 25, 2010

Cold


It was really cold again today, not cold enough for ice cycles like in my pic of the day, but there was a cold wind with light snow showers throughout the day. We've gone several days without any significant sunshine (although there was some yesterday afternoon when we were inside the Wedding Show event hall and couldn't enjoy it). I chose this pic of the day because it illustrates the cold. Each time we went outside today we had to brace ourselves against the cold wind and the sky remained grey all day, and as my husband says it was "miserable".
I don't know how many times today I heard people speak of "cabin fever" and asking when spring was coming. Unfortunately, the temps this week are only forecasted to get colder with more snow later this week. We have a fire in the fireplace tonight and I can hear the wind blowing against and within the chimney.
"It was cold, and the servants and officials stood around a fire a fire they had made him to keep warm." John 18:18 (NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment