Thursday, January 14, 2010

Warmth and Kindness

It is so nice to finally have temps above freezing again and to get rid of some of the snow! My "pic of the day" symbolizes how a lot of us must have felt recently as we stretched upward to the sunshine and the warmth it provided. I'm already wishing it was spring.
This photo makes me think of other types of "warmth" within our daily lives - a smile from a stranger, a friend's hug or a random act of kindness. I also think about how we greet and treat each other with "warmth."

Some of the battles I fought in my personal life yesterday persisted today and I realized how cold some folks can be when you desperately need their help. I hope that I always treat others in my life with warmth. I challenge everyone to do a self check for "warmth" by pausing before replying to that e-mail or responding to that person, etc. Sometimes the smallest extension of kindness can go farther than we can ever imagine, and vice versa as the smallest act of meanness can have a lasting impact. Today I did make a few steps forward in my legal situation and I do hope that some things can be resolved before the weekend.

Tomorrow think of where you can display, bring or leave an expression of kindness.



No comments:

Post a Comment