Friday, January 29, 2010

Extraordinary













I was immediately taken by the beauty of this flower (an Amaryllis) that I saw in my colleague's office as I walked down the hallway at work a couple days ago. Even though I was out of the office for a funeral, the image of the flower remained fresh in my mind and I took my best camera to work today to take a few photos.
In the middle of winter it is nice to see something alive, fresh and blooming, not to mention its bold, vibrant color. Red is my favorite color which made the blooms even more eye catching to me. The color and design of this flower should be a reminder to each of us to be bold in our own lives and take chances to express ourselves in extraordinary ways.



My life was definitely not extraordinary today unless you count reducing my email inbox from 106 to 39 messages an extraordinary feat. After working all day I also came home and finally got to cross reference our '09 tax expenditure spreadsheet with the receipts...a chore that I've been trying to get to all week. My goal is to tackle as many ordinary tasks as possible so that I might be able to do something bold and extraordinary. In all seriousness, I do try to knock out as many unpleasant tasks as possible so I can relax and enjoy, but somehow it always seems to be a never ending "carrot on a stick".



No comments:

Post a Comment