Saturday, March 6, 2010

MU Tiger Wheelchair Basketball Tournament

My husband and I had the honor of watching only 1 of 7 collegiate wheelchair basketball teams in the world play in a tournament at the University today. This was the same team that I referenced to in Tuesday's post regarding the player panel that came to my class and spoke about their disabilities. It was awesome to see them in action, and as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words so here is my "pic of the day" (along with several others).

Because there are so few collegiate teams, the MU team as to play community teams (teams made up of individuals in surrounding communities of all ages) and junior teams (teams from local high schools).

I do have to add that today was almost too nice to be indoors as it was sunny and in the 50s! Spring is on its way, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment