Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration


It was a busy day and my pic of the day is from part of a sun dial from our walk in the park on Sunday. To me it represents standing tall and moving forward even if I don't feel like it. I started the day with a panel of wheelchair basketball student players and their coach who spoke to my class regarding disability awareness. Everyone seemed to get a lot out of the personal stories, challenges and accomplishments that the players shared. They were very inspirational with their maturity, adaptability, sense of problem solving and motivation in face of adversity.
My day then followed with 8 student appointments (actually I was only supposed to have 7, and right after my last appointment was finished at 4:45 pm, a student was waiting for me). We looked at the calendar and realized that her appointment was actually a week from today, but I went ahead and saw her since she had waited for almost an hour to see me. I got home about 6:30 pm and then graded some class papers for over an hour tonight. So it was about a 10.5 hr day.

I'm still not feeling well and actually feel worse today with my throat feeling scratchy in addition to my sinuses and cough.

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment