Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Saying "I don't know"


The other day was an "I don't know" kind of day. I had read an academic journal article explaining one professor's attempt to get students to confess to "ignorance" by giving them partial credit for answering a question honestly with "I don't know" rather than try to creatively bluff their way through. Then I heard someone in an interview situation answer a question honesly with "I don't know", and then that same day there were several other things that came up that all had answers of "I don't know." I think society often undervalues the honesty and guts it takes to fess up and say "I don't know." However, that should be followed with, "...but it is my job to find out and I will make every effort to do so."
My "pic of the day" is of a road, because many times in life we "don't know" where the road in life will lead.
On a side note, I'm happy to report that I had a dental clearning today and a clean "dental" bill of health, ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment