Saturday, April 10, 2010

Perfect timing


Today started early for a Saturday since Paul was providing volunteer video coverage of an event for PedNet. I tried to make a dent in my grading that has backed up lately, and spent several hours on that. I then ran several errands with Paul this afternoon (he happened to get finished with his shoot and called me just as I was getting ready to walk out the door), it was perfect timing for him to help in a pursuit for a new computer desk. The current one we have is falling apart which is to be expected as it is 10 years old and was cheap to begin with. We went several places with no luck and then found just what we were looking for. It was funny how going to the store for one item developed into a full shopping trip!
This evening I took some pics and my "pic of the day" is of one I took this evening as the sun was setting. It was by sure luck that I happened on to the sun along this street as it was lined up perfectly with the trees. After that we had dinner and then ran by Stephens College to check out the outside of its chapel where we will both be shooting a wedding two weeks from now. As luck would have it, a wedding had just finished and we were able to dart into the chapel for a minute to have a look at the logistics. If I had not stopped to take some impromptu pics early, we would not have arrived at the chapel just when the wedding was over and as they were about to lock the doors. Overall it was a good day filled with perfect timing, but a long one at that.
"The Mighty One, God, the Lord, summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets." Psalm 50:1

No comments:

Post a Comment