Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter weekend

Yesterday's rains brought forth many new blossoms on the trees outside our apt. My "pic of the day" is of one of those trees. I spent two hours this afternoon sitting in the sun trying to bake out the germs within me so I could get well. While staring at this tree, I thought about how spring provides a time for many things to start fresh. In what way will we each choose to "blossom" this spring season? What old ways will you shed, and what new habits will you form?

This Easter weekend, the spring blossoms are a great reminder that it may be time to make changes in our own lives. As one accepts Christ's as savior, he/she puts away the old self and is reborn. We celebrate Easter remembering Christ's crucifixion, resurrection and our salvation.

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment