Saturday, May 22, 2010

Local Artisans

My "pic of the day" is of one of the vendors at the Best of Missouri Life festival that I attended on Friday evening in Boonville. This man was hand making chair legs that would go towards making a chair like the ones in the background. He also made little stools with some that were heart shaped. Next to this vendor's booth was a another vendor who was selling decorative objects that were made from the remains of an old barn. They were very interesting.

Today was the warmest day we've had all year and people were out at the pool before noon. It was about 85F and somewhat humid (about 20-25 degrees warmer than it has been recently). I had a pretty low key day enjoying time with my mom being in town while I got a summer haircut and had lunch with a friend and my mom downtown. Meanwhile Paul volunteered as camera man for over 12 hours for a local film maker. Considering that Paul also has a wedding to shoot tomorrow, it has been a very art themed weekend with local artisans all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment