Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Problems

Problems, that word pretty much sums up the day. I started the day off right by going to the gym at 6:30 am again, but then ended up having a bad start to the day before I even left the apartment. The day continued off on the wrong foot as I forgot my umbrella and ended up mistaking one of our new faculty members for the new GA. Then I opened my email to find all kinds of problems from my students. Their issues were things that should not even be problems and actually ended up preventing me from tackling real problems. Then, my laptop had major technical problems and ruined my PowerPoint presentation for my class that I teach. And lastly, the online database that I was dearly hoping would be back online today wasn't and that caused me more long term problems.

Oddly enough the most sensible thing I ran across all day was a quote that was in my husband's fortune cookie tonight, "You can't solve problems for those people who don't want their problems solved." So true, I think some folks want to stay in a permanent state of "problemhood" or like the attention that problems get them. I chose my "pic of the day" because it would be nice to have a lion scaring away all folks with nonproblem problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment