Monday, September 13, 2010

Back at Work

Today I returned to work. What a day...I didn't get home until 7 pm and continued to check email until 9 pm. I was trying desperately to clear the backlog of over 200 messages in my inbox this evening! I was successful in getting my inbox down to 80.

Today I also experienced a taste of what it is like to be a student again. I went to turn in what I thought was my last piece of my PhD application just to find out that a my undergrad transcripts were not carried over in my application like I thought they were. Apparently when one applies as a Master's student and submits all undergrad transcripts after a certain time they go into archives and are NOT included when one reactivates the file and applies to a PhD program. I had a panic with the deadline just two days away and knowing that I did not have at least one of my many undergrad transcripts at home that I could send in a copy of. I had to contact grad admissions and my previous master's dept. office to see if they could resurrect the files, luckily they could. In the process I took my eye glasses off in the bathroom and ended up leaving them there, only to realize about an hour later as I was running between teaching classes and a fieldwork meeting across campus. What a day back! Luckily my mad dash back to the bathroom proved to find my eye glasses in tact, Praise, as goodness knows I can't afford a pair of glasses right now!
I chose this "pic of the day" as a symbol of me "gulping for air"!

No comments:

Post a Comment