Sunday, September 19, 2010

Flowers

My "pic of the day" is of a little vase of small roses that I bought mom for her birthday. I got them at Hy-Vee where Paul, mom and I stopped to get a few items for lunch after church. It was raining so hard when we went to leave that Paul went to get the car and I made an excuse to go back inside to get the flowers for mom.
Meanwhile Paul looped around the parking lot to the entrance to pick us up and my mom wouldn't get in the car with Paul because it would leave me without an umbrella. Paul didn't understand why she wouldn't get in, and after about four loops, mom got worried about what happened to me so she went back inside the store to look for me. At that same time I soon came outside. Then Paul looped around again and with the heavy rain I wasn't sure if it was our car because I thought there should be two people in the car and I only saw one. So he rolled down the window and yelled for me to get in, and then we had to loop around the parking lot again until my mom gave up the search for me and was outside at the entrance again...all for my flower surprise for her birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment