Monday, November 29, 2010

Still Sick & in Boxes

Today should have been my first day of my first full week at my new job, but I was too sick to make it to work. I missed the HR orientation which mostly reviewed insurance and benefits. I'll have to wait until next Monday for the next scheduled orientation, however I'm supposed to have my insurance selected within 15 days of starting so I guess I need to track down the info on my own and select it before the orientation. Somehow I always end up paying for my time off.

Meanwhile at home, with Paul and I both sick the unpacking has come to a standstill since last week. So my "pic of the day" is of all of the boxes in our office (yes that's a love seat in the left-hand corner hidden underneath all the boxes) and we have plenty of other boxes in the other rooms of our apt.

I am feeling better, but have that foggy, disconnected and spacey feeling in my head. I believe Paul is feeling somewhat better too...slowly but surely we are getting well.

Tomorrow as I venture into work, Paul is going to try and get through some of the boxes. Right now whenever we need something it's kind of like a scavenger hunt or treasure hunt and we get excited when we come across something we've been wanting to use, like the oatmeal I found yesterday! Three things that we can't seem to find are crackers, paper plates and dry erase markers. Hopefully those will surface tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment