Sunday, August 22, 2010

MU Street Signs

My "pic of the day" is of the new street signs that they've put up on all the streets in and around the University of Missouri where I work. I heard on the news that the MU Alumni Association funded the campus project to replace the former standard green and white street signs with the MU themed "black & gold" colors complete with logo. Keep in mind that nothing was wrong with the green and white street signs. This campus project reportedly cost $5000, and every time I see one of these signs I can't help but think that the money could have been used toward scholarships or some other much needed campus improvement project. It really makes me angry to say the least, especially when I just heard from a student this past week that her dream of attending MU was shattered because her mom couldn't afford to send her.

No comments:

Post a Comment