Friday, July 2, 2010

Closet Cleaning

Tonight I finally got around to the fun task of switching out all the winter clothes from my closet and moving my summer clothes in. Actually, most of the summer clothes were already in there as I had slowly dug through my summer stuff beforehand as the weather got hot, so it was more a matter of weeding out the winter stuff at this point. My "pic of the day" is of the aforementioned closet. I know it still looks messy because I ran out of room to move all my winter stuff to.

As I sifted through all my clothes and tried to find places to store my cold weather sweaters, pants and tops, it made me think of how many "things" (tangible and intangible) that we store and stuff away. It's amazing how many extra things we accumulate from year to year, and how attached we grow to items and how hard it is to part with them. This closet cleaning process also made me think of how much stuff we store from within and how a good spring cleaning of our "inner emotional and spiritual closets" is needed but often neglected.

"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:2

No comments:

Post a Comment